Summer 2024 Capstone Project Course
The first iteration of Neurotech Capstone project course will be hosted at Queen’s University from May 6th to May 17th. Prospective students are required to complete and pass the prerequisite course, Neuroscience & Neurotechnology Primer and at least start another Neurotech Micro-credential course before the Capstone commences.
The opportunity is limited to 20 spots! Apply now!
Preference will be given to students who have taken (or are enrolled in) all three available on-line courses. Click below to submit your application (requires resume/cv upload and statement of interest)
- Date: May 6th to May 17th
- Location: Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
- Workshops: EEG, fNIRs, MRI, Neuromodulation, Behavioural (e.g., Kinarm, Eyetracking, MOCAP), Entrepreneurship, Regulatory Affairs/Ethics Workshops, Resume Tuning, Interview Prepping, and more.
- Format: In a small group of 3 or 4, students will brainstorm, design, and execute their neurotech project with TA and instructor support. They will present and pitch their projects to faculty, TAs, and industry partners by the end of Capstone course.
- Meals: Lunch provided on weekdays
- Accommodation: Optional residence stays for an additional fee
Pricing (in Canadian Dollars):
The price includes lunches, snacks, and drinks during weekdays, as well as lab materials throughout the two weeks, and one social event at the end of the course.
*Please note that as this is the pilot run for the Capstone project course, the current pricing does not reflect the actual costs of the program. Future iterations may feature adjusted pricing.
Excluding residence accommodation:
- Current university students and recent graduates: $800+HST
- Non-Students: $999+HST
Including residence accommodation:
- Current university students and recent graduates: Coming soon
- Non-Students: Coming soon
Please note that residence accommodation is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- $50 off on the Capstone project course for students who completed and passed both the Neuroscience and Neurotechnology Primer course and another Neurotech Micro-credential course upon enrollment.
- $100 off on the Capstone project course for students who completed and passed all three available Neurotech Micro-credential courses (Neuroscience and Neurotechnology Primer, Neuro Electronic Recording and Processing, and Neuroimaging courses) upon enrollment.
To enjoy the student pricing and/or discount pricing, you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org with the proof of student status and/or the proof of completion to obtain discount codes for those pricing levels that you can apply at checkout.
Please apply to the Neurotech Capstone project course through the online form. Please submit the form only once. If you need to modify any information after submission, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
To apply, please submit your most recent CV and a statement of interest (approximately 200 words). Please provide details about your background, career goals, area of interest, and your commitment to completing the Capstone project course in your statement of interest.
Preferences will be given to learners who have successfully completed all three Neurotech Micro-credential courses.
- Application Start: February 8th, 2024
- Application Close: March 10th, 2024, at 11:59 pm EST
- First Round of Offer (rolling acceptance): March 13th, 2024
- First Round of Enrollment and Payment Deadline: March 27th, 2024, at 11:59 pm EST
- Second Round of Offer (rolling acceptance): March 28th, 2024
- Final Payment Deadline for learners who need accommodation: April 1st, 2024, at 11:59 pm EST
- Final Deadline for Enrollment and Payment: April 7th, 2024, at 11:59 pm EST
- Group Matching and Group Project Brainstorming Session: TBD
Note: Details about the Summer 2024 Capstone Course are subject to change. The Neurotech Micro-credential Program at Queen’s University reserves the right to make adjustments as necessary.
What is the Capstone Project Course?
The capstone project course provides a 2-week immersive neurotech learning experience for students who have completed prerequisite online micro-credential courses. The capstone project course will take place in-person on one of the four partner University campuses. Guided by faculty and teaching assistants at Queen’s University, students will work in teams to craft their own Neurotech Project with the cutting-edge Neurotech Equipment.
To ensure students with limited neurotech experience can achieve their goals, we have carefully designed a series of neurotech workshops such as EEG, fNIRs, MRI, Eyetracking, and more to equip students with essential skills and knowledge.
We prioritize students’ best interests, so in addition to the technical workshops, we will include workshops to build their soft skills, including team building, project management, as well as resume tune up and interview prepping sessions. Students will have the opportunity to present and pitch their final projects to faculty and industry partners at Queen’s.
As members from industry will be taking part in several workshops and will give guidance on the capstone projects, this is a great way for students to transition into an internship at a well-established neurotech company.